Melanoma Tasmania Incorporated (or Melanoma Tas for short) is a new Tasmanian organisation formed by people who know what it’s like to have or look after someone with melanoma.
Melanoma Tas is committed to:
- Providing support and counselling for Tasmanians and their families affected by melanoma.
- Advocating for awareness, education and early intervention programmes within the community.
- Being a voice at a national level for Tasmanians who suffer from melanoma. Melanoma Tas has a representative on the Australian Melanoma Consumer Alliance (AMCA) The AMCA is an alliance of individuals and organisations, all of which come from a consumer perspective wishing to help provide consumers view and related input into research, advocacy, prevention and the general care of patients with Melanoma.
Tasmania Melanoma Information Forum - November 2nd
Join us for afternoon tea and hear about the latest information from experts. Updates on treatments, surgery and strategies for living well will be provided and a patient story will be shared.
- Cristina Moldovan Medical Oncologist – updates in treatments (immunotherapy/targeted therapy/stage III adjuvant) 30 mins
- Jane Mills Surgeon – Surgical updates – sentinel node biopsies/wide excisions/acral melanoma 30 mins
- Raef Awad Radiation Oncologist – RT updates – stereotactic brain treatment 30 mins
15 minute break
- Management of adverse events/Psychosocial impact – Christine Archer Melanoma and Skin Cancer Specialist Nurse 30 mins
- Patient perspective – Melanoma Tasmania 15 mins
- Panel discussion Q&A 15 mins
Immunotherapy treatment for Melanoma
The Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre has produced 5 short videos for people about to start immunotherapy treatment for melanoma. The videos aim to assist people better understand immunotherapy, prepare for it and cope with its impact.
They draw upon the professional experience of clinicians but also includes the perspectives of patients, families and carers who wanted to share their experiences to offer support and advice to others.
They were generously funded by the Cancer Nursing Association of Australia and the late Mr Ronald Walker AC CBE.
Video 1: What you need to know about Immunotherapy
Video 2: Preparing for Immunotherapy
Video 3: Immunotherapy and side-effects
Video 4: Immunotherapy and lifestyle
Video 5: Seeking support and Immunotherapy
Melanoma Tasmania UV bracelets
Melanoma Tasmania UV bracelets are NOW available to buy for $2 each from the following locations:
New Town Skin Cancer Clinic
137 New Town Road, New Town TAS
Macquarie Skin Cancer Clinic
322 Macquarie Street, Hobart TAS
Davey Street Discount Pharmacy
179 Davey Street, South Hobart
112 Goldie Street, Wynyard TAS
40 Rooke Street, Devonport TAS
Launceston Skin Cancer Clinic
247 Wellington St, Launceston TAS 7250
Riverside Capital Chemist
Shop 3/4 Riverside Plaza, 310 W Tamar Hwy, Riverside TAS 7250